Pages

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

I successfully arrived to my home country Mongolia in late evening of 19th of October.

I'm happy to inform that, my trip to home was finished luckily in late evening 19th of October.
Now I'm at work, Ulaanbaatar Public Library.

My 14 days library internship in the Enoch Pratt Free Library, and Maryland State Library for the Blind and Physically Disabled, Baltimore successfully finished in early afternoon of 15th of October,

then explored Washington D.C in 3 days as below:

On Friday early afternoon I arrived in Washington D.C. from Baltimore city, MD by MARC train.

Evening at 7pm, I participated to the lecture in the Mongolian Embassy in Washington D.C., which is organized by Mongolian Culture Association and Mr. Saruul-erdene. After the lecture, I made a interview to the Mongolian National TV journalist about my internship.

On Saturday I visited to the Washington D.C Public Library (Martin Luther King) and again good introduction on the Blind&Physically Handicapped Department.
Also, I visited to the LOC Cataloguing department, where I made a nice talking with Mr. Randall K. Barry, who is head of Russia section, Germanic&Slavic Division.

On Sunday, I went to shopping and visited to the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception.
Sunday afternoon, I visited to Mrs. Marta's office in The State Department by her invitation and we talked a lot about my internship, about your library and about your help to me :-) and of course about Mongolia and others.
She had a dinner with me her favourite restoran, like my host library chiefs Mr. Wesley, Mrs. Patricia, and Mrs. Jill.
I said to Mrs. Marta, her invitation and appointment is more brightening my internship.

It's time to write my report in English and guideline for Mongolian Librarians in Mongolian.

Thank you very much for my LIP supporters and PAS team in USA Embassy, Ulaanbaatar.

No comments:

Post a Comment