Wednesday, February 9, 2011
HAPPY LUNAR NEW YEAR!
In , the spring season is going to come. We will celebrate our in 3-5th of Feb, 2011.
By my Mongolian tradition,
- in last day of lunar old year, we should play by traditional games,
especially ankle bone games. If you have 4 ankle bones, you can play :-) I'm
sharing with you one game /Ankle Bone game: 100 points/ instruction at
- in first day of lunar new year, we visit to our parents/grandparents' home to
show our regards and to listen their life lesson.
My of Central Public Library, Ulaanbaatar are working busy to
change library service points by my suggested guideline :-), then we are going
to start or some of them already started,
- borrower registration application form,
- learning MARC standard by support KOICA volunteer librarian,
- implement Digital Signing open-source software XIBO,
- library name stamp on book upper side,
- Information Desk service,
- Hourly Schedule for Information Desk,
- Public Internet service 6 computers are going to move from American Corner
Reading Room to Lobby Area /or Central Hall/,
- not only decreased library registration fee and home loan service fee, now
children under 12 ages are free registration and free home loan since 1st of
February, 2011, and
- going to have a Meeting room for public lectures and meetings.
And we are looking a chance to have a library box :-).
That is all.
We'll be happy to know and receive your any advice or information related to
public library service and innovation in your place!
ps. Please, don't forget to browse my blog of Library Internship Program:
Wednesday, February 2, 2011
I'm happy to read about me and my library internship program at 8 page of this nice alumni newsletter.
It is my pleasure to share with you the third issue of our quarterly alumni newsletter MSAM (November through January). Please enjoy the newsletter and if you have any comments, suggestions or would like to make a contribution to its next issue, you are welcome to contact me. I would like to thank those alumni who have contributed stories and photos to this issue.
Very Happy to all of you and May the Rabbit year hold many pleasant wonders and gifts for you. Let’s work together this year to strengthen and develop our alumni association and participate successfully in the alumni project competition!