Pages

Thursday, September 9, 2010

I want to learn and share

What I want to learn from my ONSITE PRACTICAL WORK in
U.S. public library

August 13, 2010

Thank you for your time and project planning to bring us professional experience on site work place.

If I have a chance to work in U.S. public library for 2-4 weeks onsite practical work, I’ll try to learn and know much more in below table.

No

I want to know or my goals

1.

Library budget or funding ways, can state support your annual budget totally

2.

How you spend your collected fees from your borrower registration, home loan and others.

3.

When your library law and service rule last updated, why

4.

Librarian’s work fields, what is their responsibility, reporting and rate of work. How librarian career go up.

5.

What is your success and difficulties in open-stacks service environment

6.

How is a book physical quality, what is a book by your library criteria

7.

What is your requirement for text and electronic resource acquisition

8.

Does your readers cut or damage book pages or book damage from permanent shelving

9.

How your community mostly know about your library

10.

Who is responsible to update or implement IT system to library service and teach IT literacy to librarians

11.

What daily/weekly/monthly/on demand reports from your ILS

12.

Your blind or low vision community and library special services to them

13.

Young librarians opinion to library service and library community

14.

What do you imagine about your library future

If I have a chance to work in U.S. public library for 2-4 weeks onsite practical work, I’ll try to introduce my Mongolia and our city public library to my visited community and library.

No

I will do a presentation and culture exchange program

1.

My and Ulaanbaatar Public Library introduction /10-15 min/

2.

Introduction to “Establishment of DAISY Talking Book Center” /10-15 min/

3.

UPL information technology implementations /10-15 min/

4.

Mongolian traditional bone game introduction and free time playing /30 min/

Written by J.Begzsuren

No comments:

Post a Comment